The City of Palmdale has announced the winners of its Little Antelopes on Parade Coloring Contest, held in coordination with the Antelopes on Parade Public Art initiative.
Each winner received a Halloween surprise bucket. The winners by age group were:
- Age Group 3 and under: Emma Dorothy Juarez, 3 years old
- Emma likes art because it is fun to paint. Her favorite colors are pink and blue, and her favorite animal is the horse. She was happy to look at the antelope and color it.
- Age Group 4 to 6: Timothy Salazar, 5 years old
- Timothy likes art because it is fun. His favorite colors are red and blue, and his favorite animal is the cheetah. He was feeling excited when he made his drawing.
- Age Group 7 to 9: Fatima Quilo, 9 years old
- Fatima has enjoyed drawing since she was little because she can use her imagination in her drawings. Her favorite colors are purple and pink, and her favorite animals are giraffes and cheetahs. Fatima was excited and anxious, wondering if she was going to win.
- Age Group 10 to 12: Lashay Long, 12 years old
- LaShay likes art because her family is very creative, and she likes to be able to choose what will be created. Her favorite color is light blue, and her favorite animal is the lion. LaShay said, “I was feeling psychedelic when I colored this. LOL.”
The City’s Parks and Recreation department invited Palmdale artists ages 12 and under to participate in the antelope coloring contest. More than 60 youth submitted their artwork into the competition.
“We were very pleased to see the number of submissions and the variety of creative approaches we received,” said Public Art Coordinator George Davis. “It really goes to show that we have a solid creative community of young artists, excited to participate in these projects. We are proudly showcasing them throughout City offices and facilities.”
For more information, please call 661/267-5611.