Mortgage Assistance Program
Application Period Has Closed
To be notified of future programs, please email email@example.com
Eligible individuals and families will be assisted on a first-come, first-qualified basis until all mortgage assistance program funds are depleted.
The Mortgage Assistance Program provides emergency mortgage assistance grants up to $6,000 to low- and moderate-income individuals and families economically impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic through job loss, furlough, or reduction in hours or pay, residing in the City. The City will pay up to 100% of arrears owed and/ or current mortgage due (for a period of no more than six (6) consecutive months).
For help in determining your income, please complete the Certification of Annual Income (PDF)
Who Can Apply?
An applicant must:
- Have their primary residence located within the incorporated limits of the City of Palmdale.
- Have applicant’s primary residence as the assisted unit.
- Have a current annual family income that does not exceed the HUD’s established “Moderate-Income” limits for Los Angeles County.
Eligibility Income Limits
- Have experienced an economic impact because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have a current mortgage agreement for a housing unit located in the City of Palmdale.
- Submit evidence of the current mortgage balance (for arrears payment only) and that the Mortgage Assistance Program assistance will bring the account current.
- Certify that the applicant has neither received nor will seek any other source of assistance from any private, local, state, or federal funding source for the same period of mortgage assistance.
- Complete program application and submit supporting documentation.