Fair Housing and Housing Rights
Housing Rights Center (HRC) has moved education services to virtual platforms. HRC will be offering our Housing Rights Workshops and Fair Housing Certification Trainings virtually through Zoom. Additionally, HRC will be offering weekly FB Live Q&As (1x/week) and Virtual Housing Rights Clinics (3x/week). See flyers for more details.
Housing Rights Center
The City of Palmdale partners with the Housing Rights Center to provide fair housing services to all residents, including:
- Landlord/Tenant Counseling: Housing counselors are available to answer questions about your rights and responsibilities, including topics like security deposits, evictions, repairs, and more.
- Discrimination Investigation: Case analysts investigate allegations of housing discrimination and help victims of discrimination enforce their fair housing rights.
- Outreach and Education: The outreach team works to educate the community about the fair housing laws, illegal practices and landlord/tenant responsibilities.
Services are available for rental tenants, housing professionals and homebuyers in multiple languages.
The Housing Rights Center Walk-in Clinic is an opportunity for residents to ask questions about fair housing laws, illegal practices, and landlord tenant rights and responsibilities clinics are held:
- Every third Thursday of the month
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at SAVES located at 1002 East Avenue Q-12, Palmdale
Please contact the Housing Rights Center if you have questions about landlord-tenant laws or feel you have experienced housing discrimination. 1-800-477-5977 TTY 1-231-201-0867 www.HousingRightsCenter.org