Fair Housing and Housing Rights
State of California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program – Application is now open!
For additional information, to find a Local Partner Network organization near you, or for eligibility and application help, call the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- City of Palmdale Rental Assistance Program - Application period is closed
- City of Palmdale Mortgage Assistance Program – Application period is closed
- Homeless Prevention Rapid Rehousing Program
Legal Assistance and Other Resources
- LA County Foreclosure Prevention and Mortgage Relief Program
- Facing Eviction during COVID-19 – Connect to legal help through Stay Housed LA
- Stay Housed L.A. County – Virtual Legal Clinics and other resources
- Housing Rights Center - Fair Housing and Housing Rights
- Virtual Housing Counseling Session with Housing Rights Center
- Virtual Housing Rights Walk-in Clinic
- Housing Rights Workshops & Events During COVID-19 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Tenant Protections (PDF)
- Tenants & Landlords - Interactive Guide to protections under the COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act
- Tenant Resources – State of California
- Landlord Resources – State of California
- Housing Counseling Appointments - Palmdale
- Step by Step Guide to Avoid Eviction
- Rent Increases - Tenant Protections Summary
Fair Housing - Housing Rights Center
The City of Palmdale partners with the Housing Rights Center (HRC) to provide fair housing services to all residents, including: :
- Landlord/Tenant Counseling: Housing counselors are available to answer questions about your rights and responsibilities, including topics like security deposits, evictions, repairs, and more.
- Discrimination Investigation: Case analysts investigate allegations of housing discrimination and help victims of discrimination enforce their fair housing rights.
- Outreach and Education: The outreach team works to educate the community about the fair housing laws, illegal practices, and landlord/tenant responsibilities.
Services are available for rental tenants, housing professionals, and homebuyers in multiple languages.
In response to COVID-19, HRC has moved education services to virtual platforms. HRC will be offering Housing Rights Workshops and Fair Housing Certification Trainings virtually through Zoom. Additionally, HRC will be offering weekly Facebook Live Q&As one time per week, and Virtual Housing Rights Clinics three times per week.
Please contact the Housing Rights Center if you have questions about landlord-tenant laws or feel you have experienced housing discrimination. 1-800-477-5977, TTY 1-231-201-0867.