Contest an Administrative Citation: Step 1
You must request an initial administrative hearing within 21 calendar days of receiving the citation, or within 14 days of receiving the Reminder Notice of Delinquent Administrative Citation. You can do this:
At the Neighborhood Services parking enforcement office located at 38250 Sierra Highway. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 pm.
Call 1-866-420-2894, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding weekends and holidays.
You can request your initial administrative review by filling out the Request for Administrative Review (PDF) form.
Once designated time period has passed, you are no longer entitled to an Administrative Hearing.
You will be mailed written notification of your hearing time, date and location. You may request one continuance, not to exceed 21 calendar days.
Important: All fines for the contested citation must be paid in full prior to scheduling a hearing. Determination of an inability to pay is governed by California Vehicle Code Section 40215(b) and may allow a waiver of the deposit of the amount due, provided the City of Palmdale is in possession of sufficient proof and has granted a variance. If you fail to contact the city within the specified time, you forfeit the right to a hearing.
What Happens at an Administrative Hearing
The hearing officer will review your case folder, and listen to your explanation of why the citation should be dismissed or read your written declaration.
The case folder contains all information relevant to your citation, including a copy the citation, all correspondence received by the City concerning the citation, the result of any investigations conducted during the initial administrative review, and a complete computer record of all calls received and notices sent.
You will be notified by mail of the hearing officer's determination. If the hearing officer determines you are not liable for the citation, you will be issued a refund.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to complete the required paperwork.
- The contestant must provide interpreters if needed, including sign language.
- You may bring witnesses, records or documents that apply to your case. All documents related to the citation appeal must be submitted at the time of the hearing. Extensions are not granted to submit documentation. Documentation is not returned.
- Results of the hearing will be mailed to you at the address provided.
You have the option of requesting a hearing by mail.
- You must submit all information you would like to be considered and a statement of facts explaining why you believe the citation should be dismissed.
- You will not be present for the hearing.
- If you select a written declaration, you must complete the reverse side of the Administrative Review Results letter you received and mail it to City of Palmdale, ℅ Parking Citation Service Center, P.O. Box 11923, Santa Ana, CA 92711.
Postponement of Bail for Administrative Hearing
Determination of an inability to pay is governed by California Vehicle Code Section 40215(b) and may allow a waiver of the deposit of the amount due, provided the City of Palmdale is in possession of sufficient proof and has granted a variance.
This waiver does not cancel your fine. It allows you to attend a hearing without first paying the fine required by State law. If your citation is found to be valid, you must pay the fines.
If you would like to request a waiver, you may download a Postponement of Bail (PDF) form, or call 1-866-420-2894, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You must complete the application in full and submit your most current International Revenue Service (IRS) tax filing, or disability or welfare payment stubs. Failure to complete the application and file the documentation will result in an automatic denial of the payment agreement.
If your hearing payment waiver is granted and you are found liable, you must make the final payment within 30 days.
You will be notified whether or not you have been granted a waiver by mail.