South Antelope Valley Emergency Services (SAVES)
Founded in 1983, SAVES is dedicated to alleviating hunger among very low and extremely low income working families, elderly, disabled and homeless in the south Antelope Valley communities of:
- Lake Elizabeth
- Lake Los Angeles with Palmdale Zip Code
SAVES helps sustain the lives of thousands of people by assisting them with nutritious food, education, and referrals in cooperation with other agencies. The day-to-day operations of SAVES and staffing are funded through Community Development Block Grants (CDBG). Food is provided through a collaboration with the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, federal programs, and the daily contributions of local markets, stores, and restaurants.
SAVES donates extra food to local senior centers, sober living homes, and other food assistance programs. In addition to daily operations, SAVES provides a variety of special programming to address specific community needs.
Make a Difference
SAVES provides eligible families with a one week supply of food to ease the impact of unexpected expenses, and weekly packages of basic food staples.
- $25 provides a food basket for a senior community member
- $35 provides a food basket for a community family
- $100 provides food baskets for three (3) community families or four (4) Seniors
SAVES provides homeless individuals with hygiene kits, community referrals, and housing placement.
- $10 provides supplies for 10 hygiene kits
- $50 provides supplies for 25 hygiene kits
- $100 provides supplies for 50 hygiene kits
Funds received without restriction are applied to priority program needs. All funds received are restricted to use by the SAVES program.
SAVES provides a full holiday meal to eligible participants in the November and December for the holiday season. December baskets include an age appropriate gift for each minor child in the household.
- $25 Provides a holiday basket for a senior community member
- $35 Provides a holiday basket for a community family
- $100 Provides holiday baskets for three community families
Backpacks and School Supplies
SAVES provides students with sturdy backpacks and grade appropriate supplies at the beginning of each school year.
- $20 provides a backpack and supplies for one student
- $50 provides a backpack and supplies for three students
- $100 provides a backpack and supplies for six students