Board of Library Trustees
Library Board Vacancies
There are no Library Board vacancies at this time
IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY MESSAGE REGARDING
PARTICIPATION AT CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
As a result of the COVID-19 emergency, and resulting orders and direction from the President of the United States, the Governor of the State of California, and the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, as well as the City of Palmdale emergency declaration, social distancing guidelines must be followed by all who physically attend the Library Board meeting. Board members may choose to participate via conference call.
How to Observe the Meeting:
- Spectrum local access Channel 27
- Online live webcast at:
- Under meetings click on: “View November Library Trustees Meeting"
How to Submit Public Comments on this Agenda:
Note: Public Comments submitted will become part of the official meeting record.
- Access the public comment form here: www.cityofpalmdale.org/PublicComment
- Fill out the form
- Click Submit
In-Person Public Comments:To comply with Los Angeles County Health orders, members of the public will be allowed to enter the Council Chambers one at a time to provide public comment.
A three-minute time limit will be imposed on all speakers other than staff members. To make your public comments, please follow the steps below:
- Members of the public will wait outside until the designated public comment period; seating will be provided and the meeting audio will be broadcast.
- You will have your temperature taken prior to entering the Council Chambers, you must wear face coverings and adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- For record-keeping purposes and in the event that staff may need to contact you, we request that a speaker’s slip be completed.
- Wait in the designated seating area until you are called to speak.
- Once you have addressed the Council, you will be asked to return to the designated seating area.
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend the meeting if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms.
The Library Board of Trustees is making every effort to follow the spirit and intent of the Brown Act and other applicable laws regulating the conduct of public meetings in order to maximize transparency and public access.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact Library Office at (661)267-5600 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
The Library Board of Trustees operates under the Education Code and is responsible for establishing all library policies and fees.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, 38300 Sierra Highway, Suite B.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Alan Henkin||President||June 2022|
|Deborah Rutkowski-Hines||President Pro Tem||June 2021|
|Challen David||Trustee||June 2023|
|John Manning||Trustee||June 2022|
|Delores Morris||Trustee||June 2021|
The Library Board consists of five members who are nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the City Council. They serve a three year term, and do not receive compensation. Library Trustees can be contacted by calling the Library at 661-267-5600.