South Antelope Valley Emergency Services (SAVES) has developed a series of working relationships with key community partners to bring enrichment services to its clients. SAVES provides the space and the outreach so that programs are successful and beneficial to all.
Clients can make an appointment for the service and have the appointment scheduled at SAVES; provided by the Salvation Army.
Housing Rights Assistance
The Housing Rights Center provides monthly information and education to tenants who might have questions about their housing rights. In a case by case basis, a legal case can be referred to the agency's legal team.
Legal Aid Assistance
The Neighborhood Legal Aid Services of Los Angeles County (NLSLA) provides bi-weekly services on a walk-in basis or by appointment. NLSLA attorneys provide a range of services, from advice and counsel to individual representation and high-impact litigation. They can help in many areas including:
- Assistance to people struggling to get health coverage
- Assisting unrepresented people with bankruptcy
- Enforcing debtors’ rights
- Ensuring fair public benefit programs
- Helping domestic violence survivors
- Preventing unlawful evictions and foreclosure
- Resolving problems with health plans
- Securing and protecting jobs
Medical & Dental Services
Bartz-Altadonna Community Clinic provides medical and dental outreach programs each week, including transportation to and from SAVES to their clinic. Bartz-Altadonna also offers medical insurance.
Mental Health Support Services
The Mental Health America (MHA) outreach team is at SAVES once a month to provide services and answer questions.
Veteran Support Services
A Veteran outreach team from Mental Health America (MHA) is at SAVES once a month to provide services and answer questions. The outreach team assists clients with Veteran Affairs paperwork and other VA-related issues.
Several partner agencies provide services to Palmdale residents:
- Valley Oasis provides services to seniors who are applying for or participating in the City Of Palmdale’s Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA).
- The Salvation Army manages the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP).
Homeless Outreach Services
SAVES, in collaboration with local homeless service providers, hosts Connect Day each quarter. Connect Day provides services and information to the homeless community. Connect Day's goal is to reach the entire Antelope Valley to provide services and break barriers that prevent the homeless community from seeking services.