Business License and Permits
Business License issues business licenses and permits to companies located in the City, and those located outside the City that do business in the City.
Business License for Commercial Based Business
For PDF applications: print, complete, and mail the PDF or email the application to email@example.com.
Prior to approval of a business license, a Zoning Clearance Occupancy Review is required.
- Business License Application - Commercial (PDF)
- Business License Application - Commercial (Spanish) (PDF)
- Business Checklist - Commercial (PDF)
- Business Checklist - Commercial (Spanish) (PDF)
Business License for Home-based Business
Prior to approval of a business license, a completed Home Occupation Permit Application is required.
- Checklist for Home Business (PDF)
- Checklist for Home Business (Spanish) (PDF)
- Business License Application (PDF)
- Business License Application (Spanish) (PDF)
Business License for Single Family Rentals
Prior to completing this application, a Residential Rental Unit Registration must be completed.
Business License for Contractors
- Business License Contractor's Fees (PDF)
- Business License for Contractors Online Fillable Form
- Business License for Contractors (PDF)
View various business permit applications for the City of Palmdale.
Business License Renewals
Senate Bill 1186 (Steinberg, Disability Access)
On January 1, 2013, Government Code Section 4467 became effective, establishing the Disability Access and Education Revolving Fund and adding a state fee of $1 to all new local business licenses or renewals.
Beginning January 1, 2018, the State mandated $1 fee for accessibility training increased to $4.
For information regarding this bill, visit the following websites: