Small Business Assistance Programs
Small Business Marketing Program (Business of the Week)
To continue to assist our Palmdale small businesses in recovering from the pandemic, the City is offering free marketing opportunities through our media outlets such as digital billboards, Channel 27, and social media platforms. You may nominate a Palmdale business or your own business to be featured as “Palmdale’s Business of the Week.” The City will select nominated businesses on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the criteria outlined below while also assessing the diversity of impacted Palmdale small businesses. To qualify for this campaign, nominated businesses must:
- Be a for-profit business physically located in Palmdale
- Have an active Palmdale business license
- Be a brick-and-mortar business
- Have ten or less employees
If selected, the small business will need to submit a high-resolution logo or photo to be used in the marketing campaign. Please complete the nomination form (link below). Staff will contact the business if they are selected.
The City of Palmdale has partnered with the Northern Los Angeles County Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to offer the Small Business Digital Marketing Program and a Small Business Accounting Bootcamp (WAVE Bootcamp or QuickBooks Bootcamp), which will provide training and funding to help small businesses better recover from the pandemic as well as gain essential skills in the digital age.
*Starting October 3, 2022
Small Business Digital Marketing Program
The City of Palmdale in partnership with the SBDC offers a free in-person or virtual training program in English and Spanish to help small businesses learn the skills needed to create and maintain an online presence. The classes will focus on: Google, social media advertising, and setting up ad campaigns. Each participant will be assigned an individual consultant throughout the training. Upon completion of class, participants may be reimbursed up to $500 for developing a paid advertising campaign on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Course must be completed by business owner or designated employee of business and a receipt for paid digital marketing services for that business must be submitted to the City in order to be eligible for any reimbursement up to $500.
Small Business Accounting Boot Camp Program
The City of Palmdale in partnership with the SBDC offers a free virtual accounting boot camp program in English and Spanish to help small businesses learn the skills needed to accurately keep records, organize financial data, billing, storing, analyzing financial records, and training in WAVE or QuickBooks accounting software. Participants will choose to register for either the WAVE Boot Camp or the QuickBooks Boot Camp. Participants may be reimbursed up to $500 for purchase of an accounting software program such as QuickBooks or Wave. Course must be completed by business owner or designated employee of business and a receipt for paid subscription or purchase of either QuickBooks or Wave accounting software for that business must be submitted to the City in order to be eligible for any reimbursement up to $500.
NOTE: Businesses may take any of the courses for free without completing an application, however, would not be eligible for any reimbursement of funds. To view program availability and register, visit https://cocsbdc.org/workshops/.
To be eligible for the Small Business Digital Marketing and/or Accounting Boot Camp Program reimbursement, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- The business must be a for-profit business physically located in Palmdale; and
- The business must be located in a commercial or industrial space; and
- The business must have an active Palmdale business license for a minimum of six (6) months prior to application; and
- As of the prior calendar year, the business must have ten (10) or less employees; and
- The business must be in good standing with the City (current on bills, no liens, or judgements, etc.), unless directly correlated to COVID-19 impacts; and
- Business or owner has a DUNS number, or will have applied for one prior to executing the program agreement (https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns.html); and
- The business must submit the application, and all required supporting documentation.
- Complete an application and receive confirmation of approval.
- Visit https://cocsbdc.org/workshops/ to view available workshops for the Digital Marketing and/or WAVE Boot Camp or QuickBooks Boot Camp programs.
- Register for free for the desired program(s) on the SBDC website.
- Complete all training/workshop hours.
- Submit receipts or other proof of purchase of either digital marketing campaign ads and/or purchase or subscription to WAVE or QuickBooks to the City of Palmdale, Economic Development Division.