It's Our Shot Palmdale Poster Contest
The City of Palmdale is hosting a poster contest for its “This is Our Shot, Palmdale!” vaccine campaign. Use creative imagery to tell us your story and show us why you got your vaccine or why you want to get your shot.
The winning artist will win a $100 gift card and recognition for their work. Second place will win a $75 gift card, third place will win a $50 gift card.
Entries are due by Monday, May 31 at 5 p.m.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry fee: FREE
- Entries are due by Monday, May 31, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of two entries.
- Eligibility: Aged 16 years and above; individual person; experts; professionals, etc., are eligible.
- Design Consideration
- Entries must include the theme title, “This is Our Shot, Palmdale!”
- Poster should be 12" wide x 18" tall and portrait in orientation.
- Artwork should be high resolution, at least 600 pixels per inch at 100% size. Original artwork not created digitally should be scanned at 600 ppi at 100% size. Digital file should be sharp when viewed on screen at 100%, not pixelated or bitmapped.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All entries become the property of City of Palmdale, California, a municipal corporation (hereinafter referred to as “City”), and are not returnable.
- Copyrighted and/or trademarked products, packaging, brand names and advertisements may not be used in the poster.
- Original signed release forms are required for persons, whether public or private citizens, who are photographed and appear on the poster. Release forms can be as simple as a paragraph stating “permission from subjects” with a printed list of the names of the individuals appearing and signed by the individuals. If the subject is under 18, the release form must be signed by a parent or guardian. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- The winner/participant will be required to submit the original drawing or digital file (EPS/CDR/SVG/PSD) of the design on request by City. In case of handwritten sketch, original sketch must be submitted to City by participant/s.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other rights in the poster including rights in the drawings, text or any other content submitted to COP in respect of this competition shall be solely and exclusively owned by the COP. All participants agree to assign absolutely to City without charge all intellectual property rights, including the right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, license and/or otherwise deal with (whether for commercial and non-commercial purpose) the submitted poster design(s).
- Participant/s represent and warrant that their entry is their own original work/creation and does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Submission Details
- All entries are required to be submitted digitally on www.cityofpalmdale.org/OurShotPosterContest.
- The submission must contain a JPG file of the poster only, and the entry form must be completed in its entirety.
- Participant/s should not imprint or watermark the poster design.
- Entries that are not complete in any respect, or not meeting the terms and conditions of the competition, will be rejected without explanation.
- Selection Process
- The winning poster design will be selected based on design considerations mentioned in no. 5 of Terms & Conditions for this poster competition.
- The competition will be judged on the following criteria: marketability of poster to multiple audiences; creative and original artwork and idea; attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout; overall impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme.
- The artist creating the winning entry will receive a $100 gift card. Note: Tax documentation will be necessary. The winner must submit the required artwork to the City prior to claiming the prize money. Second place winner will receive a $75 gift card, third place will receive a $50 gift card.
- The winner will be announced on www.CityofPalmdale.org and the City’s social media accounts.
- The winning entry and the participant’s photograph and details will be showcased on the City’s website.
- The City shall have the right to use, print or reproduce the prize-winning poster in any form it deems fit.
- The City reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition and/or the terms/condition without notice.